Flexible Green Packaging
Published Date: 28 Jul 2022
Number of Pages: 248
Category: Consumer Goods
Market Research Report: Flexible Green Packaging
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global flexible green packaging market by materials, applications and regions. The various application of commercially available flexible green packaging products were studied and analyzed to derive specific market estimations. The report features a comparative study of conventional and emerging technology, and it discusses the importance of technological advancements in the flexible green packaging market. The report also surveys the strategies adopted by major players in the global flexible green packaging market. The patent analysis featured in the report provides a snapshot of technological trends in the global market over time as well as across geographies, specifically, the U.S., Europe and Japan regions. The global flexible green packaging market is segmented based on materials, applications and regions.
The estimated values that are used are based on the manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
- 134 data tables and 40 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for flexible green packaging technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Estimation of the actual market size and market forecast for flexible green packaging, and corresponding market share analysis based on material, application, type, process, and geographic region
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning market drivers, market deterrents and other macroeconomic forces affecting the current and future market outlook
- A holistic review of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the flexible green packaging market
- Discussion of current and future demand in the market for flexible green packaging materials and applications, along with the industry value chain analysis, competitive environment, and latest developments
- Coverage of the most important technological, economic, and environmental considerations in the flexible green packaging industry
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including Amcor Ltd., American Packaging Corp., Britton Group Ltd., Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Clondalkin Group Holdings BV, Crown Holdings Inc., Coveris Holdings S.A., Gascogne Flexible and Graphic Packaging Holding Co.
In terms of revenue, the global flexible green packaging market was valued at $REDACTED in 2021. The market is expected to be valued at $REDACTED in 2027 after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of REDACTED% during the forecast period from 2022 through 2027. This report segments the overall flexible green packaging market into materials, type, applications, process and regions.
In 2021, paper accounted for the largest share of demand for flexible green packaging in terms of materials. Paper accounted for REDACTED% of the demand in 2021 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of REDACTED% during the forecast period. Paper is also projected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period. Paper packaging materials are economical, lightweight and easy to handle; hence, they are preferred over other flexible green material. In addition, corrugated paper and cardboard paper packaging material also provide mechanical protection to the packaged material. Corrugated paper and cardboard are extensively used for secondary and tertiary packaging. With the growth of the retail industry, the demand for secondary and tertiary packaging are expected to increase substantially.
The packaged food industry has been witnessing substantial growth during the past couple of years; hence, execution and competition are expected to increase. With the changing dynamics of the industry, major players are adopting new product launches and geographic expansion. This is projected to fuel the demand for flexible green packaging for food industry applications. The food industry application accounted for the REDACTED% of global demand for flexible green packaging market in 2021. Consumer goods’ applications demand accounted for $REDACTED in 2021 and is projected to be valued at $REDACTED by 2027, increasing at a CAGR of REDACTED% during the forecast period.
Major driving factors directly impacting the market are listed below -
- Growing use of flexible green materials for primary packaging.
- Sustainability advantages offered by flexible green packaging over rigid packaging.
- Increased shelf life offered by flexible green packaging.
- New product introduction for consumer markets channeling flexible green packaging market on growth path.
- Increasing consumer preference for lightweight, durable and aesthetic packaging.
Some of the major players involved in the manufacturing of flexible green packaging are Amcor Ltd., American Packaging Corp., Britton Group Ltd., Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Clondalkin Group Holdings BV, Crown Holdings Inc., Coveris Holdings S.A., Gascogne Flexible and Graphic Packaging Holding Co.
In terms of regional value, the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region was dominant in 2021, followed by Europe. APAC makes up REDACTED% of the total flexible green packaging market, followed by Europe, which accounts for REDACTED%, and the North America region, which accounts for REDACTED%. The U.S., Germany, France, the U.K, China, India and South Korea are the main global markets for the flexible green packaging due to stringent government regulations and awareness. In addition to this, countries such as Germany, France and the U.K. have excellent recycling regulations along with the Extended Producer Responsibilities (a policy approach under which producers are given a financial or physical responsibility for the treatment or disposal of post-consumer products) across the European Union region. Also, countries like China and India are the fastest growing in terms of economies and population. The demand for flexible green packaging products is mostly driven by millennial consumers in these countries, as they have an avid preference for single-serving and on-the-go style food and beverage products.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Study Goals and Objectives
Scope of Report
Whats New in This Report?
BCC Custom Research
Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
Flexible Green Packaging
Value Chain Analysis
Chapter 4 Market Trends
Widespread Market Consolidation
Stringent Government Regulation for Packaging Materials
End-Use Companies Announced Green Packaging Goals and Plan of Actions
Shifting Consumer Preference from Traditional Packaging Products to Stand-Up Pouches and Re-closable Packaging
Shifting Preference toward High-Multilayer Films
Introduction of an Innovative and New Product for the Food and Beverage Industry Driving Flexible Green Packaging Market
Increasing Consumer Preference for Lightweight, Durable and Aesthetic Flexible Green Packaging
Growing Use of Flexible Green Materials for Primary Packaging
Increased Shelf Life Enabled by Flexible Green Packaging
Demand for Flexible Green Packaging is Hindered by Various Environmental Factors
Lack of Implementation of Emerging Packaging Materials such as Bioplastic in Developing Countries
Lack of Infrastructure and Weak Supply Chain
Various Challenges of Packaging Designs for Recycling
Rising e-Commerce Industry
Increasing Awareness of Environmental Issues
Eco-Friendly Packaging is Gaining Traction
New Product Introduction for Consumer Markets Channelizing Flexible Green Packaging Market on Growth Path
Sustainability Advantages Offered by Flexible Green Packaging Over Rigid Packaging
Product Life Cycle Analysis
Impact of the COVID-19 on Flexible Green Packaging Market
Chapter 5 Global Markets by Material
Green Polymers and Bioplastics
Chapter 6 Global Markets by Type
Global Market for Flexible Green Packaging by Type
Vacuum Pouches and Bags
Other Packaging Types
Chapter 7 Global Markets by Application
Chapter 8 Global Markets by Process
Chapter 9 Global Markets by Region
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
Rest of Middle East and Africa
Rest of Latin America
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
Leading Players in the Flexible Green Packaging Market
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
AMERICAN PACKAGING CORP.
AR PACKAGING GROUP
BEMIS CO., INC.
BERRY GLOBAL INC.
BISCHOF + KLEIN SE & CO. KG
BRITISH POLYTHENE INDUSTRIES (BERRY BPI PACKAGING SOLUTIONS)
CLONDALKIN GROUP HOLDINGS BV
CONSTANTIA FLEXIBLES GROUP GMBH
COSMO FILMS LTD.
COVERIS HOLDINGS S.A.
FLAIR FLEXIBLE PACKAGING CORP.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING HOLDING CO.
MONDI GROUP PLC
REYNOLDS GROUP HOLDINGS LTD.
SCHUR FLEXIBLES GROUP
SEALED AIR CORP.
SIGMA PLASTICS GROUP INC.
SUDPACK VERPACKUNGEN GMBH + CO. KG
Chapter 12 Appendix: Acronyms