Philippines Defense Market Size And Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape And Forecast, 2022-2027
Number of Pages: 66
Published Date: 21 Dec 2021
The Philippines defense budget was worth $4.5 billion in 2022 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 5% during 2023-2027. The Philippines defense market research report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.Philippines Defense Market Drivers
The Philippines is involved in a conflict over the Spratly Islands with Brunei, China, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Taiwan. Furthermore, Chinese intrusions into the Philippines’ waters is also driving naval modernization initiatives. Additionally, several terrorist groups, such as the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG), Jemaah Islamiyah (JI), and other associated groups, are active in the Philippines, which pose a serious threat to national security.
Philippines Military Doctrines and Defense Strategies
The Philippines’ comprehensive security doctrine is focused on the acquisition of a wide range of security assets to establish diplomatic and geographic advantages. The Philippines is also aiming to develop robust military capabilities through its ambitious Horizon I, II, and III programs to ensure tranquility, peace, and stability. The Philippines’ defense policy is a demonstration of its commitment to securing its national interests and defending itself against external aggression.
Furthermore, the Philippines is now stringently following a three-phased 15-year modernization plan which will end in 2028. It has acquired equipment under the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) modernization program.
Philippines Defense Market Segmentation by Sectors
The key sectors in the Philippines defense market are naval vessels and surface combatants, military fixed-wing, military rotorcraft, submarines, electronic warfare systems, missiles and missile defense systems, artillery, military radar, underwater warfare systems, and military land vehicles. Between 2022 and 2027, naval vessels and surface combatants is expected to rank as the leading sector in the Philippine defense market. Submarines is anticipated to rank as the fastest-growing sector within the industry.
Philippines Defense Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading defense companies in the Philippines are Philippine Aerospace Development Corporation, Elbit Systems, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Mil Moscow Helicopters Plant JSC, PZL Mielec, Bell Helicopter Textron, Boeing, Korea Shipbuilding Corporation, Israel Shipyards, and Hyundai Heavy Industries.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
- Philippines defense budget: detailed analysis of the Philippines 2022 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of the Philippines military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Philippines military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to the Philippines are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernization.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Philippines’s defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Philippines defense market over the next five years.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Philippines market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Philippines defense market providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Philippines government.
- Make correct business decisions based on an in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
Defense Budget Assessment
Defense Market Size Historic And Forecast
Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Key Market Slide Trends and Insights
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
Military Doctrine And Strategy
Primary Threat Perception
Political And Strategic Alliances
Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
Procurement Policy And Process
Major M&A, Financing, and Partnerships
Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
Market Attractiveness, 2022–267
Top Defense Segments By Value
Import And Export Market Dynamics
Import Market Dynamics
Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
Kaplan/Harimau MT Modern Medium Weight Tank (MMWT)
Fast Attack Interdiction Boats
Defense Companies Operating In The Philippines
Main Defense Companies
About This Report