Tourism Destination Market Insights Australia (2020)
Number of Pages: 31
Category: Travel and Tourism
Published Date: 27 Jul 2020
Tourism Destination Market Insights - Australia (2020)
Australia is a popular destination and one with great potential to grow further. This report offers an overview on the infrastructure and attractions within the country.
This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Australia as a destination market.
- Leisure holidays are overwhelmingly the most popular kind of holiday for international tourists visiting Australia with 4.5 million tourists visiting for that reason, whilst 2.6 million traveled to visit friends and relatives.
- Australia is regarded as a very low risk country. It has thesixth lowestrisk score in Asia-Pacific and the14thlowest risk score globally. It scores particularly well in technologicalrisks andalso performs strongly when in politicalrisk, which shows the strength of its institutions to prevent them. One area which may become a risk to Australia is environmentally, with global warming set to become an increasingly pressing issue with forests fires a growing concern.
- The Australian tourism industry has a number of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to be aware of. Australias mass appeal and strong global image make it a popular location among many holidaymakers, although long travel times and overtourism deters some travelers.
- There is massive opportunity for the Australian tourism industry to grow within the Chinese market and business sectors, however, environmental damage is an enormous risk to the Australian tourism industry and is something that must be addressed.
- This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Australia as a destination market.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in an increasingly popular tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Types of Tourism
Sun and Beach
New South Wales
Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis