United States Of America Defense Market Size And Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape And Forecast, 2022-2027
Number of Pages: 127
Country: United States of America
Published Date: 19 Dec 2022
US Defense Market Report Overview
The United States of America (USA) defense budget was worth $740.4 billion in 2022 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 3% from 2023 to 2027. The USA defense market research report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
USA Defense Market Drivers
The US, like many states, benefits economically from a well-funded defense industry. Tensions between the US and Russia had been growing since the invasion of Georgia in 2008. The invasion of Crimea in 2014 intensified this, but the invasion of Ukraine in 2022 has marked an unprecedented (in the post-Soviet era) decline in relations between Russia and the US. The US is providing numerous weapons and large volumes of military aid to Ukraine, which is requiring significant funding. The ongoing conflict and success of Ukrainian forces in using US weaponry to fight back against Russian advances means that the requirement for US aid is likely to continue. This, and the need to replenish stocks of weapons to send to Ukraine, will drive defense expenditure for the US.
Another major driver of US defense expenditure is China. The US is attempting to counter the significant soft power wielded by the state, address the threat of an invasion of Taiwan, and refocus itself to look eastwards to the Indo-Pacific region. Although Chinese defense spending is still much lower than that of the US, the country has nevertheless embarked upon a major defense modernization program.
USA Military Doctrines and Defense Strategies
The US is continually seeking to modernize its forces in line with emerging technologies and advancements in the capabilities of its adversaries. The DoD has the advantage of the largest defense budget in the world and has the funds to continually modernize and upgrade its fleet, and it also benefits from a diverse, skilled, and well-established defense industrial base. This aids modernization by creating a rich R&D environment capable of progressing horizon technologies, while having the funds necessary for these sorts of projects. Modernization projects range from the replacement of traditional platforms, such as fighter jets, to the development and integration of autonomous systems.
The US Armed Forces will employ and deploy military force in three instances- to provide assurance to allies and partners in the form of joint-military exercises, cooperation, and presence of US troops in unstable regions, to compel both state and non-state actors to comply with US actions, and to counter adversaries using military force.
USA Defense Market Segmentation by Sectors
The key sectors in the US defense market are military fixed-wing, military rotorcraft, body armor and personal protection, submarines, military land vehicles, underwater warfare systems, missiles and missile defense systems, EOIR systems, artillery, and naval vessels among others. For the period of 2022 to 2027, military fixed-wing is the largest sector, followed by submarines.
USA Defense Market - Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading defense companies in the US defense market are General Electric Co., Lockheed Martin Corp, Raytheon Technologies Corp, Boeing Co, General Dynamics Corp, Northrop Grumman Corp, Honeywell International Inc, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co, and L3Harris Technologies Inc.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following-
- US defense budget: detailed analysis of the US 2022 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and the process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of the US military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of US military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to the US are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernization.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the US’s defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the US defense market over the next five years
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the US market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the US defense market providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the US government
- Make correct business decisions based on an in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contracts awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Defense Budget Assessment
Defense Market Size Historic And Forecast
Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
Military Doctrine And Strategy
Political And Strategic Alliances
Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
Defense Procurement Bodies
Defense Procurement Bodies Organizational Chart
Trade Associations, Clusters, and Economic Development Corporations
Types of Contracts and Opportunities
Types of Procurement Procedure
Procurement Policy and Market Regulations
Market Entry Routes
Major Deals and M&A
Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
Market Attractiveness, 2022-27
Top Defense Segments By Value
Import And Export Market Dynamics
Import Market Dynamics
Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
F-35 Lightning II
CH-53K King Stallion
Joint Light Tactical Vehicles
Gerald R.Ford class
Defense Companies Operating In the US
Main Defense Companies
About This Report